FreedomQuilts

Army Pfc. Lionel Ayro

Army Pfc. Lionel Ayro

Army Pfc. Lionel Ayro 22, of Jeanerette, Louisiana died in Mosul, Iraq, when a suicide bomber entered his dining facility and detonated an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 73rd Engineer Company, 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team), Fort Lewis, Washington. He died on December 21, 2004.

Freedom Quilts made this quilt to honor Pfc. Lionel Ayro for his mother Catherine.

9 Comments to "Army Pfc. Lionel Ayro"

1. shelly ayro says:

I was just online when my cousian who i love an miss came upon my mind i miss you so much they took you away from us in death but not in our hearts i love you so much

2. Ms. Catherine, Lionel was a fine young man and so respectful to his elders. You did a fine job of raising a patriot and a gentleman. I wanted to let you know I still think of Lionel often. I can still see him taking Coach Sias’s animals from his classroom to take care of them when we had a long holiday. My name
    Is Ms. Max Hebert, I was the bookkeeper at JHS for 33 and 1/2 years and loved Lionel dearly. I still think and can see Lionel often. My God Bless you and Lionel and be proud of his sacrifice. Love, Ms. Maxine Hebert

3. Maranda says:

R.I.P Lionel, you are truly missed. All you talked about was going to the military until you were old enough to drive an 18 wheeler. We miss you so much, but you will never be forgotten. ???????????

4. Lorraine and Richard Pepper says:

Ms, Catherine and family, I did not know this young man that was taken from you. We offer our condolences to you. We all lost a soldier who sacrificed his life for us and we thank him for that. Prayers and blessings for all of you!

5. Craig Colbert CSM Retired says:

Rest easy Soldier!

6. Cora clay says:

Beautiful! R. I. P.

7. David Defelice says:

Rest in piece our brother. May Gods eternal light shine upon you

8. Brian Johnson says:

Rest in Peace and God Bless. Thank you for your service.

9. Jamaika Eugene says:

Very sweet person rip you’ll truly misses..